Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Wonder

. . . Wherein I celebrate uniqueness.



* * *

Now there are diversities of gifts,
But the same Spirit.


1 Corinthians 12:4


* * *




One day, Punchinello met a
Wemmick who was unlike any he'd ever met.
She had no dots or stars.
She was just wooden.
Her name was Lucia.

It wasn't that people didn't try to give her stickers;
it's just that the stickers didn't stick.

Some of the Wemmicks admired Lucia for having no dots,
so they would run up and give her a star.
But it would fall off.
Others would look down on her for having no stars,
so they would give her a dot.
But it wouldn't stay either.

"That's the way I want to be," thought Punchinello.
"I don't want anyone's marks!"
So he asked the stickerless Wemmick how she did it.

"It's easy," Lucia replied. "Every day I go see Eli."

"Eli?"

"Yes, Eli. The woodcarver. I sit in the workshop with Him."

"Why?"

"Why don't you find out for yourself?
Go up the hill. He's there."

And with that, the Wemmick who had no stickers
turned and skipped away.

From You Are Special by Max Lucado



* * *


Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
And in thy book all my members were written,
Which in continuance were fashioned,
When as yet there was none of them.

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me,
O God! How great is the sum of them!


If I should count them,
They are more in number than the sand:
When I awake,
I am still with thee

Psalm 139:16-18

8 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

another lovely sunday wonder:)

Davene said...

My boys and I love that book! Dear Punchinello has taught us a lot. :)

Happy Sunday!

gail said...

Hello Debbie ,

Another lovely post. What a beautiful Psalm. Have a good week.

Blessings Gail

farmlady said...

I just went and watched a video of You are Very Special by Max Lucado because of what your post said. It's a lovely story.
Have a wonderful Sunday. You made mine a beautiful day. Thank you so much.

dawn klinge said...

That's a favorite book of mine. :) Thank you for sharing these encouraging thoughts today.

Karen Deborah said...

I love that story, especially since I have always been a "different" sort myself. Lovely post and amazing photo did that little vine really shape into the form of a wreath? Your flowers are sooooo pretty. As usual mysterious unknown varieties that make me wish for time to ask the 100 questions.

skywind said...

The charm of the flower, and this is a miracle. :)
Health information
Humor & Fun World

Suzanne said...

Debbie, that's beautiful. I've never read the book. I'll buy it.

Darling if you have time can you please stop by Just Bob's and vote for one of the ladies! CSI is pulling ahead in a competition for lobster socks from Boston and we just can't have that!!! Cece actually deserves to win because she's the only one out of many who followed the rules and wrote a "story." Thanks, and oh, hurry. The deadline's around 8pm this evening!

Love you dear, XO

P.S. There's a link to Just Bob on my blog or you can find him on my comment page.
P.S.S. Bring friends if they want to vote!

Happy Tuesday!!!