Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Respite Wednesday


The Autumn Is Here
by Rachel

The autumn is here, the summer is gone.
Winter will be here in not too long.
The wind is blowing like a storm,
Though the weather is very warm.
The leaves are turning brown and yellow,
The leaves make a sound like a cello.
The bears are going to bed,
Soon the leaves will turn red.
Now the birds are going away,
They will return some other day.
The sky is now getting cloudy,
The birds are chirping away loudly.
The weeds are sleeping, the flowers are too.
I love the autumn, I hope you do too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The leaves make a sound like a cello"...that's my favorite line!

Flea said...

Not much finer than autumn. Unless it's winter and snow. Hot cocoa. Warm, fuzzy blankets. Fire in the fire place. Mmmm.

CONNIE said...

Cute poem by Ms Rachel! Debbie, your little darling is so talented. I can't even write a haiku...sigh!

Kat said...

Beautiful!
Both the poem and the pic. I love it! And I love fall. :)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Beautiful. I love love love autumn! Rachel's poem is lovely!

Becky said...

Great poem Rachel! I would love to hear you read it in person. Autumn is lovely... I look forward to it all year.

Full of Grace said...

I do Rachel, I do :)

sukipoet said...

Rachel. A lovely way to welcome autumn. I love the bear going to bed. Wonder what it would be like to sleep all winter?