Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembrance

Photographer, Thomas E. Franklin





Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently,
Lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen,
And lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life:
But teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons . . .
Deuteronomy 4:9


*****

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine up thee,
And be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee,
And give thee peace.
Numbers 6:24-26


*****

We imagine we would be all right if a big crisis arose;
But the big crisis will only reveal the stuff we are made of,
It will not put anything into us.
. . . Crises always reveal character.
Oswald Chambers,
My Utmost for His Highest (9/10)

8 comments:

Flea said...

Crises do reveal character. Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

My US friends are in my thoughts today.

Mim said...

We all remember don't we.. a moment in time that is unforgettable.
Did you go right back to the hospital when you heard?
Thinking of you and thanks for visiting.
Mim

Laura ~Peach~ said...

AMEN! :)

sukipoet said...

Prayers and rememberance. Blessed be, Suki

FancyHorse said...

Those particular scriptures and quotes are so perfectly fitted to the memory of today's date (it's not yet midnight where I live). I remember that day, and will never forget it.

Sharon Goemaere said...

I will always remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when this happened.My mother used to tell me the same thing about the day that JFK was shot.Love~Sharon

imbeingheldhostage said...

Beautiful.