Friday, September 25, 2009

A Glimmer of Hope Remains

Gary just called and left a message: His mom is not as bad as he expected, though she is now on a ventilator. She is sedated and uncommunicative, but apparently not in a coma and her organs remain functioning. Her heart is strong . . . but we already knew that.

A glimmer of hope remains, it seems.

I have no further information as Gary is out of contact while he picks up his sister at the airport. She arrives from South Africa. Now the children can be together to pray and watch over their mother.

I continue to tend the hearth with my children several hundred miles from them. God knits us by heart and cups us in His loving hand.

Prayers continue.

I've seen miracles before . . . I named them Andrew and Matthew.

God is good.

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Continued prayers. Our God is a miracle working God. Hugs dear friend.

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray dear friend!
Wishing you a weekend full of sweet and simple joys and God's love, grace and peace ♥

sukipoet said...

so powerful for Gloria to have her children around her. sending prayers.