Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday



Parting Words

These things have I spoken unto you,
That my joy might remain in you,
And that your joy might be full.
This is my commandment,
That ye love one another,
As I have loved you.

Greater love hath no man than this,
That a man lay down his life for his friends.

Ye are my friends,
If ye do whatsoever I command you.

These things I command you,
That ye love one another.

John 15:11-14,17


* * *



Dying Words

Then said Jesus,
Father, forgive them;
For they know not what they
do.

Luke 23:34


* * *

We have been shown the way.
We have been given instruction.
We have been forgiven, as we surely fail.
We must remember.

We must love.


8 comments:

June said...

the greatest words ever spoken and written. Thank you for posting them today. I am very glad I found your blog today. Very lovely. Have a blessed Easter. June

joanne said...

forgiveness is the key. Easter Blessings to you. It has been such a blessing to me to have found your blog recently and I so very much look forward to visiting each day. Thank you..

Suzanne said...

You know me darling. I love you with all my heart.

XO

Virginia said...

May you have...
~The gladness of Easter, which is Hope~
~The promise of Easter, which is Peace~
~The spirit of Easter, which is Love.~

God Bless
Peace/Blessings
Virginia

Sit-N-Chat said...

I hope you have a wonderful Celebration this weekend. We have so much to rejoice over. I do not know if you participate in the blog awards but because a friend shared one with me, I am passing it to you. You can read about it on my blog. I will not be offended if it is something you choose to do or not.

We feel better today and I think I could even eat some hamburger meat!!!

Blessings,
Jennifer

Flea said...

Thank you, dear one.

My middle child had an epiphany yesterday. He said he finally understood why we wore nice, new clothes every Easter - because Jesus rose from the dead and made us new in Him.

Here I thought it was so the kids could have dress clothes that fit for another six months ...

Karen Deborah said...

inspirational, it's been a good day of remembering.

Ruth MacC said...

It's a good and appropiate time of the year to rememer out salvation and who won us.

I hope you and your family have a peaceful weekend.