Monday, November 24, 2008

Counting Days and Blessings

* * * * *

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
And into his courts with praise:
Be thankful unto him,
And bless his name.
Psalm 100:4

* * * * *

Oh my heart sings with delight! My favorite holiday approaches swiftly. A day for thanksgiving . . . the only gift given sails on words and deeds and joyfulness in reflection of a year most bountifully blessed.

I shall not be blogging, rather I shall be planning and shopping and cooking and fluffing the pillows as my daughter Elizabeth returns from “college dorm room” to take up residence in “The Princess Pavilion.” (Her dramatic flair for decorating beckons you into a sumptuous surround reminiscent of a pre-Raphaelite painting – it suits her perfectly.)

Though we will only be together as a family for a few unbroken days, we shall savor the moments strung together like a charm bracelet of celebration and joy. Long chats over tea, bowed heads in thankfulness before feasting, extended embraces before retreating to slumber – these will be my delights. Our family will nestle together into the bosom of our cottage as the predicted stormy winds do blow against the snug walls. Games and reading aloud and merry making of all manner will fill our days to overflowing. Carry on nature – we will follow as is natural and snuggle in for a peaceful retreat of thanksgiving.

Blessings to you all as you celebrate and acknowledge all manner of abundance God has bestowed upon you this past year.

* * * * *

And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving
And the voice of them that make merry:
And I will multiply them,
And they shall not be few;
I will also glorify them,
And they shall not be small.
Jeremiah 30:19

* * * * *


REJOICE!!

19 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Wishing you and your family many blessing during your Thanksgiving celebration!

sukipoet said...

Many blessings to you and your family. I know you will create a lovely thanksgiving for yourselves. There is an award for you on my blog.

Karen said...

Enjoy your family time. I am grateful that all my children are still young and at home.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

WONDERFUL PLANS! Have a blessed and fantastic time (take pictures ) then you can blog later :) yeah thats the ticket blog later about the wonderful food and family and TIME you have together!

Kat said...

That sounds absolutely perfect! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgivign. :)

Karen Deborah said...

oh boy your really making me miss you with this post! Have a wonderful time and please pass around some luvins from Nannie Poppins, puhleeze.

Full of Grace said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your daughter/daughters :)

Flea said...

Punkin pie! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving event! May God graciously remind you all of every blessing He's heaped on you all!

Carrie said...

Just stopping by to let you know about the Holiday Giveaway on my nativity blog.
Includes a blue and white nativity collector plate!

Here’s the link:
http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2008/11/holiday-giveaway.html
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful visit and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Becky said...

have a great break. See you when you get back ;-)

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you all. I will be with you in my thoughts.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving like you do here in Norway. I wish we did.

Virginia said...

My best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving to you, and all of your loved ones. May you find peace where you most need it.
Many Blessings,
Virginia

Ruth MacC said...

Love the scriptures. I am glad your family will ba around you this Thanks Giving and that we are saved and know what else to be thankful for!

I hope you have a good and restful day:)

Mim said...

Hope you are enoying your cooking and being with all your family,especially college daughter returning for the wknd.
Mim

MARIA said...

Peace to you my friend and Happy Thanksgiving!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving surrounded by your wonderful family!

FancyHorse said...

I haven't been reading lately, so I'm catching up. I love your little acorn man!

imbeingheldhostage said...

What a beautiful post and pictures. Your home must be the most amazing place to be for the holidays.