Friday, January 11, 2013

And Now for Something Completely Different . . .



I have lately joined a Literary Society.  Naturally, this most refined of endeavors includes the reading of Literature, the sipping of tea/coffee, and the exchanging of erudite conversation.  I meet with my darling daughters (Elizabeth and Lydia) at a local coffeehouse.  (Guess Starbucks?  Right-o!)   In the space of a few hours we converse, traverse, and reverse as all good literary scholars are wont to do.  We are most proper and elegant, except when we are not.  [Such as the times my daughters have had to shush! me as I acted out a scene from Shakespeare, or quoted a Dickinson poem, or flung my arms too widely for E-M-P-H-A-S-I-S as to the scope of Dickens’ imagination in crafting his world.]

We would love for you to join us.  If you’re here in Grass Valley, we meet at the NICE Starbucks on Freeman Lane at about 1 o'clock-ish on Wednesdays.  If you’re unable to join us, take a peek at the Harold B. Pricklepants Society website/blog.  www.hbpsociety.blogspot.com  

Here’s a photo snippet from the latest post:

 

Curious?  I thought so. 

Come give us a look-see and join in on the most proper FUN!

3 comments:

Kat said...

That is awesome! Please tell me that you wore that to Starbucks. :)

Becky said...

Sounds lovely! Unfortunately I tend to be tied up around that time. Sometimes quite literally. ;) Maybe we will drop in for a visit someday.

farmlady said...

It's a little far for me but I sure would love to join you.
Love the mask...Ha,ha!! It's very impressive.