Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Respite Wednesday

My  Harvest from Yesterday.
 [Lemonade, anyone?]



It was true.  I was hidden in the secrecy of His protection.  He was surrounding me constantly with the work of His love, His wisdom, and His mercy.  And so it would be, day after day, year after year.  Sometimes I would be preoccupied with problems that seemed to be difficult and seemed to be great, and yet when it was all over the answers that I worked out did not seem to matter much anyway, because all the while, beyond my range of vision and comprehension, God had silently and imperceptibly worked the whole thing out for me, and had presented me with the solution.  To say it better, He had worked the solution into the very tissue of my own life and substance and existence by the wise incomprehensible weaving of His providence.

~~ Thomas Merton ~~
The Seven Storey Mountain
(p. 431)

* * *

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, 
saying, 

This is the way, walk ye in it,

when ye turn to the right hand, 
and when ye turn to the left.
 Isaiah 30:21



 

2 comments:

Flea said...

Thank you. I needed this word today. Life with children growing into their identities isn't always smooth.

Laura~peach~ said...

love and hugs ... wonderful post :)