Monday, May 11, 2009

Please Pray for Me . . .

. . . as I open up my heart this Tuesday morning and share my Journey to Joy at a ladies' luncheon at church.

The butterflies in my stomach have caused such a racket that I have decided to reach out to all of you for prayer. I know the journey has been wonderful and the Lord will guide me as I pour out the truth that has been stored up in my heart, pondered deeply, prayed over, and given to Him as a gift . . . an offering.

And yet . . . [flutter, flutter]

Just as the snowball bush (pictured above) emerges quietly from the cocoon of its bud, astonishing me every year with its abundance of full-bodied flowers (pictured below), so I pray that the message I share will pass from my brimming heart and bloom with praises to The One who has protectively held my hand through every shadowed valley, has gripped me firmly on each treacherous incline, and has embraced me in the dance of pure joy every step of the way. He has not failed me; nor will He ever.

It is good to pause and look back over the landscape from whence one has come. To see how far one has journeyed . . . and how good it feels to be right here, right now, right this way.

The joy of the Lord is [my] strength.
Nehemiah 8:10

16 comments:

Becky said...

If I could I would sneak in and sit in the back unnoticed and pray you right through it AND be spiritually moved, blessed, rewarded beyond comprehension. Praise be to God. You will do wonders.

Praying...

Werna Gail said...

I'm just now getting around to say Hi, and it is early Tuesday morning so I will pray and I know that whatever you say will be good for I know you love the Lord and read His word and it says,"out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." BE BLESSED friend.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugs and prayers... just breath deep open your mouth and he will put the words there :) cant wait to hear how it all goes!
hugs
Laura

Linda said...

I'm praying for you right now. Maybe you could post your talk so those of us that can't be there, can be there in our 'special world of blogs'.

Blessings, dear blogging friend!

sukipoet said...

somehow i am sure your talk will go very well and you will move everyone with what you have to say. hugs, suki

Karey Swan said...

Praying, and been thinking thoughts of your 'presenting' your heart since you mentioned it to me. DO post about it please ... we want to 'hear' too!

farmlady said...

Butterflies making a racket with their wings? Maybe they're just small "Angels" giving you encouragement. In any case, my prayers are with you. You'll do just fine.

Patsy said...

I do understand as I do the night time ladies meetings at my church every month and have a large collection of butterflies---I would love to know what you shared as I am always lookiing for ideas---come visit my blog--it is all short-not many posts as I am new--but you may enjoy some of them--esp. Count Your Blessings.

Unknown said...

prairie prayers are rising for you (((Deb))))

skywind said...

Let us pray, pray for a better world.
Health information & Humor & Fun World

dawn klinge said...

I wish I could hear you speak. I said a little prayer for you. I trust you'll be a blessing to those ladies who you'll be speaking to.

Virginia said...

I’m sure you did wonderful, and blessed and inspired all the ladies at the luncheon. Can’t wait to read all about it.
Blessings,
Virginia

Flea said...

I'm coming to this really late, but I'm hoping that all went well.

Laura {{* *}} said...

I am sure it was God's heart seen and heard.

It will be delightful to see a post-heartsharing post!

Joy Recovery ~ seems to be a work in many lives right now.

{{* *}}

American History said...

you are amazing. Our prayers are with you. We sent a prayer request through HolyLandPrayer.com to the the church of the holy sepulcher.

God bless.

Karen Deborah said...

I am late for this post as it is Thursday but I had absolute confidence in what god would do from the very first message you sent me of this. My only wish is that I could have been there was it recorded?